Add

Court House

This building was erected by the County Clare Grand Jury in 1850, to the design of Henry Whitestone, at a cost of £12,000.

It is a quadrangular building with a grand limestone ashlar facade consisting of an ionic portico and two flanking wings.

Beside the Courthouse is a large Russian cannon, a trophy of the Crimean war.

or
Don't have an account? Sign up today.

Have an account? Log in.